The Garage Guru: Auto Repair Tips & Tricks from Zach (Fall 2023)
Welcome to the first installment of The Garage Guru! For years I’ve wanted to launch a quick and informative blog post for our loyal customers. The goal? Simply to keep in touch with you.
One of the things I enjoy most about this business is getting to know my customers. As we built up Ashland Automotive in the early years, that was easy. I was in the shop daily without fail. As we have grown, my role has changed a bit. While I’m still working tirelessly to ensure our service is the best in the region, I’m not in the shop as much. That means I don’t get to see you as frequently.
The Garage Guru serves as a bridge. I’ll share what’s on my mind from month-to-month, offering up tips and tricks to ensure your car is running at peak performance. I’m excited about this new method of reaching you and hope you’ll enjoy the read!
How Often Should You Change Your Transmission Fluid?
Your vehicle’s transmission is a vital component that ensures the smooth operation of your car. It’s responsible for shifting gears and transferring power from the engine to the wheels. To keep your transmission running efficiently and prolong its lifespan, regular maintenance is crucial, and that includes changing the transmission fluid. Click here to learn more about how often your fluid needs changed: https://www.ashlandautomotiveinc.com/blog/transmission-fluid-how-often-should-it-be-changed/
Get Out and Go!
Is your ride ready as you prepare to embrace the cozy vibes that come with Fall in the Rogue Valley? As the leaves start to paint the region in hues of red and gold, it’s time to prepare your car for the adventures that Autumn brings! Here are a couple Autumn drives in the region you don’t want to miss:
- Rogue-Umpqua National Scenic Byway: This drive offers access to fifteen waterfalls, including Toketee Falls. The route is 172 miles from Gold Hill to Roseburg. Details: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/umpqua/recarea/?recid=63388
- Neal Lane Scenic Covered Bridge: A bit outside the Rogue Valley, this is still a drive worth making. Located just off I-5 between Roseburg and Grants Pass in the town of Myrtle Creek, the Neal Lane Scenic Covered Bridge is surrounded by golden foliage in the Fall – and it is only one of several to explore in the area. Details: https://www.experienceroseburg.com/outdoors/covered-bridges/
- Lithia Park: An anchor of Ashland’s downtown, Lithia Park is stunning in the Fall. Just a short drive from anywhere in the Rogue Valley, it is a must see at this time of year. Details: https://www.ashland.or.us/Page.asp?NavID=14083
Watch Your Mailbox!
Keep your eye out for our new mailer going out to all homes in Ashland and Talent. It’s a fun little piece that allows us to shine a light on the excellent work being done by our team day in and day out. This crew is doggone good, and we want EVERYONE to know it!
“Great place for auto repair. Very knowledgeable mechanics and fantastic customer service. Repair on our Subaru done promptly, and all work done as promised. Estimated costs were reasonable and no surprises when the job was done.”
–Denny, 5 Star Google Review
Do Us a Solid and Give Us a Follow
Do you love Ashland Automotive Inc.? One of the best ways you can show that love is to follow us on the socials. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, and X!
Schedule Your Service Today!
- By Phone: 541-482-4042
- Online: AshlandAutomotiveInc.com
- Stop in: 550 Clover Lane, Ashland (One block east of I-5)
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.